You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I insert in PAGES a page break that brings me to an EVEN page, namely a page on the Right-Hand-Side

PAGES How can I insert in PAGES a page break that brings me to an EVEN page, namely a page on the Right-Hand-Side

Posted on May 12, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:20 AM

Hi attilio32,

Tested in Pages 10.0 under macOS Catalina.

Click on the Document button on the right > Document and tick Facing Pages.

Insert a Section Break.

Click on the Format button on the right. Click on a Thumbnail in the new Section to show Format > Section.

Section starts on > choose Next Page, Right Page, or Left Page.

Regards,

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2020 7:20 AM in response to attilio32

Hi attilio32,

Tested in Pages 10.0 under macOS Catalina.

Click on the Document button on the right > Document and tick Facing Pages.

Insert a Section Break.

Click on the Format button on the right. Click on a Thumbnail in the new Section to show Format > Section.

Section starts on > choose Next Page, Right Page, or Left Page.

Regards,

Ian.

May 12, 2020 6:03 PM in response to attilio32

A page break places the insertion point on the next page

Other than by inserting one page break after your text when that text ends on a verso page

or two page breaks after the text when that text ends on a recto page, I don't think you can do this with a page break.

A section break places the insertion point in a new Section. Specifying that new Sections should start on recto (odd-numbered) pages was possible in Pages '09, but was not (i think) included in the new application using the Pages name starting with Pages 4. You may be able to find it in the current version (Pages 10), but I'm unable to confirm that.

Regards,

Barry

How can I insert in PAGES a page break that brings me to an EVEN page, namely a page on the Right-Hand-Side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.