You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Pages, I type a full page, then continue typing , and it does not automatically go to page 2 .. how do I seamlessly continue?

In Pages, I type a full page, then continue typing , and it does not automatically go to page 2 .. how do I seamlessly continue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 5:24 AM

Hi dewey.guitar54,

Pages has two types of documents:

• Word Processor, which has a "body" layer where you can type to your heart's delight and new pages are automatically added as needed;
  • Page Layout where all text must be within Text Boxes and they will not expand beyond one page.

Which template did you choose to start your document?

Regards,

Ian.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2020 5:24 AM in response to dewey.guitar54

Hi dewey.guitar54,

Pages has two types of documents:

• Word Processor, which has a "body" layer where you can type to your heart's delight and new pages are automatically added as needed;
  • Page Layout where all text must be within Text Boxes and they will not expand beyond one page.

Which template did you choose to start your document?

Regards,

Ian.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.