Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to track elliptical with Apple Health (NOT the watch)?

If I don't have an Apple Watch or smart watch of any sort, can I track Elliptical and Treadmill workouts on my Apple Health app? Or at least log them?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:11 AM

Hi there, Jamie3000!

Thanks for reaching out ton the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about manually tracking your workouts in the Health app on your iPhone. Check out this article to Collect health and fitness data on iPhone. Specifically:

"Manually add data to a health category

1. Tap Browse at the bottom right to display the Health Categories screen, then do one of the following:
    • Tap a category. (To see all categories, scroll down.)
    • Tap the search field, then type the name of a category (such as body measurements) or a specific type of data (such as weight).
  1. If you don’t see the Health Categories screen, tap Browse again at the bottom right.
  2. Tap  for the data you want to update.
  3. Tap Add Data at the top-right corner of the screen.
  4. Add your information, then tap Add or Done in the top-right corner of the screen."

This will allow you to enter your workout information manually to keep track with the Health app.

I hope you find this information useful and have a wonderful day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 7:11 AM in response to Jamie3000

Hi there, Jamie3000!

Thanks for reaching out ton the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about manually tracking your workouts in the Health app on your iPhone. Check out this article to Collect health and fitness data on iPhone. Specifically:

"Manually add data to a health category

1. Tap Browse at the bottom right to display the Health Categories screen, then do one of the following:
    • Tap a category. (To see all categories, scroll down.)
    • Tap the search field, then type the name of a category (such as body measurements) or a specific type of data (such as weight).
  1. If you don’t see the Health Categories screen, tap Browse again at the bottom right.
  2. Tap  for the data you want to update.
  3. Tap Add Data at the top-right corner of the screen.
  4. Add your information, then tap Add or Done in the top-right corner of the screen."

This will allow you to enter your workout information manually to keep track with the Health app.

I hope you find this information useful and have a wonderful day!

How to track elliptical with Apple Health (NOT the watch)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.