Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB C Mac Pro to DisplayPort Dell 4 k monitor show fogd screen

Connecting MacPro with Radeon Pro W5700X at USB C to Dell 4K monitor and DisplayPort, bit the screen is foggy and text on the screen is very pale

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 3:41 PM

Okay, amyhr, maybe I can help you with that. On the Dell 4k monitor side of things, have you turned on deep color (HDR?) and DisplayPort 2.0 ?? On the Mac side of things, go to system preferences, then displays, then Color/Display. If you hold down the "Option" key and click on Display, Detect Display should come up, and you should get a variety of options, such as default for display and scaled. under color you may need to calibrate the display and adjust the native Gamma, as the default one for PC and Mac are different. I don't know what model of Dell 4k monitor you have, but you might also want to adjust the black level on the monitor itself . You might also want to do a reset smc/pmu and zap pram as well. If you know what model of Mac Pro you have, you can use google or yahoo, or even Apple's support pages to help yourself out. MST might need to be turned on on the monitor itself. I'm not really familiar with that video card, it's one of the newest ones, yes ???

There might be a slim chance that you have a bad cable. Also, DisplayPort Alternate mode needs to be supported.

it's not much, but it's all I have for now

jb

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 3:41 PM in response to amyhr

Okay, amyhr, maybe I can help you with that. On the Dell 4k monitor side of things, have you turned on deep color (HDR?) and DisplayPort 2.0 ?? On the Mac side of things, go to system preferences, then displays, then Color/Display. If you hold down the "Option" key and click on Display, Detect Display should come up, and you should get a variety of options, such as default for display and scaled. under color you may need to calibrate the display and adjust the native Gamma, as the default one for PC and Mac are different. I don't know what model of Dell 4k monitor you have, but you might also want to adjust the black level on the monitor itself . You might also want to do a reset smc/pmu and zap pram as well. If you know what model of Mac Pro you have, you can use google or yahoo, or even Apple's support pages to help yourself out. MST might need to be turned on on the monitor itself. I'm not really familiar with that video card, it's one of the newest ones, yes ???

There might be a slim chance that you have a bad cable. Also, DisplayPort Alternate mode needs to be supported.

it's not much, but it's all I have for now

jb

USB C Mac Pro to DisplayPort Dell 4 k monitor show fogd screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.