Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDFs not syncing to iBooks

Hi All,

I have a problem with iBooks PDF syncing. It began I think with iOS 4.0.1. I have iTunes 9.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.4. My iPhone 4 has - as I said - 4.0.1 and have the latest iBooks 1.1.1 version.

In iTunes I mark couple of PDF books for sync. The sync ends without any problem (the popup for showing problems is NOT disabled) but the PDFs don't show up in iBooks. I checked the iPhone in PhoneView but it can't see the PDFs either.

Before somebody would suggest a full factory restore to the iPhone: I did it and hasn't helped (I built it up as new, not used the earlier backup).

Does anybody has some ideas how to get the PDFs to iBooks?
Thanks,
Attila

13" MBP, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2.53GHz, 250GB HDD, 4GB RAM

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 7:58 AM

8 replies

Jul 20, 2010 3:27 PM in response to attilag78

The iPod manual has this to say, in case you didn't try it:

+If a PDF file doesn’t appear in the Books pane, you need to change its type in iTunes. Search your iTunes library to find the PDF file, select it, then choose File > Get Info. In the Options section of the file information window, choose Book from the Media Kind pop-up menu, then click OK.+

PDFs not syncing to iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.