Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone does not start

Hello! I need help with my iPhone XS Max. Since I restarted my phone it does not go beyond the apple logo and a dark background and it just stays that way for two hours already. I have tried to force restart the phone also and it's still the same.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:18 AM

1. Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.
  2. If the above does not work then please contact ➔ Apple Support

I know you have attempted the Force ReStart as well. That would have been the first thing I normally recommend. Can you double check and see whether you have been Force ReStarting correctly as shown below?-

Force Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF)

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 11:18 AM in response to sianie0710

1. Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.
  2. If the above does not work then please contact ➔ Apple Support

I know you have attempted the Force ReStart as well. That would have been the first thing I normally recommend. Can you double check and see whether you have been Force ReStarting correctly as shown below?-

Force Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF)

Axel F.

iPhone does not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.