Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple lines on Computer Screen

I put my iPhone XR onto my MacBook Pro computer screen and purple lines showed up on the entirety of the computer screen? Is either my iPhone or Computer broken?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:08 AM

1 reply

May 13, 2020 8:45 AM in response to markr1220

Hello markr1220,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with some lines on your MacBook Pro screen, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

When you unplugged your iPhone, did the screen go back to normal? If so, did plugging your iPhone back in bring back the issue again? If so, try a different cable. Make sure it's Apple certified. Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

If the lines remained on your Mac, resetting the NVRAM may help: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If the lines are still on your Mac, try starting in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

It may take longer to finish the start up, as safe mode does some system checks, and can sometimes resolve issues. You'll also see some differences in the display. This is expected with safe mode, and when you restart normally, they'll be gone. Test for the issue, then restart normally.

Then, test in another user account. If you don't have one, here's how to make one: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If the issue persists, then the Mac will need to be examined by a technician. You can Contact Apple Support to determine your service options.

Take care!

Purple lines on Computer Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.