Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV wont power on with apple tv remote

LG tv is programed with my apple tv remote but it will not power on the tv

Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you correct it

Posted on May 12, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 8:26 PM

Yes I have tried all the instructions in that link, including verifying Simlink on the LG TV is on. It will power off the TV but won’t turn it on. Frustrated.

8 replies

May 12, 2020 10:32 PM in response to nickpacione

nickpacione Said:

"TV wont power on with apple tv remote LG tv is programed with my apple tv remote but it will not power on the tv Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you correct it"

-------

Three Thoughts:

I. 30 Second Power-Off:

Unplug the Apple TV for 30 seconds. Power it back on.

II. Go Here: If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

III. Request a Replacement:

See if this is an option to you. You have a one-year out-of-the-bod limited-warranty. So contact Apple, and see if you can get a replacement. It's worth a go.

Go Here: AppleCare Products - Apple TV - Apple

May 13, 2020 3:21 AM in response to nickpacione

The Apple Remote is supposed to turn on the Apple TV, using the Menu or TV/Home buttons (not using the Touch surface in tvOS 13 or later). When the Apple TV wakes from sleep/standby, it can send an HDMI-CEC signal to the TV, which may respond by also waking from sleep.

The Apple Remote is not supposed to turn on the TV directly.

If a TV is not fully cooperative to HDMI-CEC signals, then only the manufacturer can change that with updated firmware.

TV wont power on with apple tv remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.