Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-installing OSx Macbook pro 2010 ready for sale without using my Apple ID

I am Erasing a 2010 macbook pro. I have signed out of everything and erased HD but now it asks me for my Apple ID to reinstall OSx Yosemite. The 2010 model obviously didn't come with this and I dont have any kind of back up disks for the original OS - how can i set it up to an 'out of box' state ready for sale? Should I just leave it ready for them to download Yosemite using their Apple ID?

cheers

Posted on May 12, 2020 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 7:56 PM

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Selling old Mac (4)   

Similar questions

3 replies

May 12, 2020 9:55 PM in response to Eric Root

Cheers for the info Eric but it hasn’t answered my problem... I have done all that on the list but I can’t reinstall the OS X without using my Apple ID - this would leave my computer attached to my ID. Without the OS X installed , I can’t get it to the unboxing stage where you first put in your country when setting up.

i can only sell it where someone would have to just enter their ID and downloaded Yosemite. Is this because Yosemite wasn’t the original OS X I bought it with?

I don’t have any original discs

maybe I’ll just have to leave it like that... it will actually save them time in log run I guess

Re-installing OSx Macbook pro 2010 ready for sale without using my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.