Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wake up screen and heart beat are not working

Hi

I have a series 1 appleWatch and a few days ago, i noticed my screen was not waking up when i raise my wrist, but it wakes up when i touch the screen....also it not measuring my heart rate.

I reset the watch twice, checked the setting multiple times, but nothing looks to work.

Please advice.

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 6

Posted on May 12, 2020 6:53 PM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2020 7:26 AM in response to luisander

Make sure "Theatre Mode" is turned OFF. Do you see a tiny orange "Theatre" icon at the top center of your Watch face? (Orange Theatre Mode Icon shows two masks overlaid, top one smiling). This means your watch is in Theatre Mode, which disables the automatic Wake on Wrist Raise and Wake on Crown Up. To turn OFF Theatre Mode, tap your watch face to light it up, then swipe UP from the bottom of the Watch face, and turn off the button labeled with the Theatre Mode Icon (two theatre masks). This will re-enable the Wake on Wrist Raise and Wake on Crown Up features.

wake up screen and heart beat are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.