Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to receive verification code to my cellular iPad.

why i cannot receive my Messages on my iPad.

My iPad is cellular and a verification code do not reach my iPad notification whenever i want to access other application. PLUS, i dont have any other Apple device beside my Only iPad. I Also tried to go to iMessage —>receive message—-> and i do not know how to add my number phone to It. So i tried to go to my name and add no.tel at the contact but it need verification code. But my iPad cannot receive any message or call. Is there any solution to this? Oh, the data connection is still functioning only the message and call does not function.

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:54 PM

The cellular hardware available on some models of iPad is for data use only. It cannot connect to either the voice network or the SMS/MMS network that is part of the voice network. The "phone number" assigned to the device is pretty much just for accounting purposes and cannot be used for calls or texts.

Sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 10:54 PM in response to nabil88

The cellular hardware available on some models of iPad is for data use only. It cannot connect to either the voice network or the SMS/MMS network that is part of the voice network. The "phone number" assigned to the device is pretty much just for accounting purposes and cannot be used for calls or texts.

Sorry.

Fail to receive verification code to my cellular iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.