Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.6.5.3 stopped working - not updating Apps (in Windows environment)

I've read many many have already reported this major issue to Apple, but I have been unable to find a viable solution from Apple yet.

The problem is iTunes 12.6.5.3 for Windows has stopped working, that is, it will not update any Apps, even though there are many many apps that need updating. Has anyone found a solution so that users can update all their Apple i-devices through a desktop computer like before? When you've invested a great deal of money for multiple iPhones and iPads for your family, this is very customer nonfriendly.

This is very frustrating when you have invested a great deal of money in 4 or more family iPhones and you are trying to keep them all setup the same and updated for ease of use among family. Of course, one could update them individually, but then you would need to manually move each new or updated App to the proper screen (if you have grouped things in multiple different screens).

I had heard it rumoured that Apple might soon disable this feature to force customers to move to updating each iPhone/iPad individually, and then not fix the broken feature, but I find it hard to believe that Apple wouldn't respect and take into account that some families, like companies, need to be able to manage multiple devices consistently, via the desktop, across devices to better support usage by the family and troubleshooting for errors. This would seem to cut down on Apple's sales and go against their wanting a reputation for positive customer support.

I'm hoping that Apple does not merely say the solution is to move to the latest version of iTunes. Everyone knows the latest versions of iTunes do not support Apps, so moving to the newest iTunes would not solve the problem at all, but rather show they were not interested in truly listening to the problem to provide a viable solution. I'm hoping the rumours are not true, and that Apple will fix the problem in 12.6.5.3 immediately.

Has anyone heard anything of a fix? Is there is some known updated solution for iTunes 12.6.5.3 for addressing Apple's iTunes 12.6.5.3 sudden inability to update Apps in the Windows desktop environment? Like others, I look forward to this solution so I can once again consistently update my family iPhones and iPads as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 13, 2020 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 3:53 PM

Thank you, Apple! The App download function in iTunes 12.6.5.3 for Windows started working again today! Apple must have been focusing all their resources on developing and releasing iOS 13.5 last week, so they didn't have time until this week to fix the iTunes App problem. Thanks for fixing it, Apple!

The App function in iTunes 12.6.5.3 is a highly critical and important function for many iPhone/iPad/iDevice users who buy and maintain multiple iDevices for themselves and their family members. Please never lose this App function in iTunes, especially for your customers who invest in buying, not just one device, but are repeat customers who continues to invest in buying and needing to maintain multiple iPhones/iPads/iDevices. Thanks, Apple!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 3:53 PM in response to Cybrarian4

Thank you, Apple! The App download function in iTunes 12.6.5.3 for Windows started working again today! Apple must have been focusing all their resources on developing and releasing iOS 13.5 last week, so they didn't have time until this week to fix the iTunes App problem. Thanks for fixing it, Apple!

The App function in iTunes 12.6.5.3 is a highly critical and important function for many iPhone/iPad/iDevice users who buy and maintain multiple iDevices for themselves and their family members. Please never lose this App function in iTunes, especially for your customers who invest in buying, not just one device, but are repeat customers who continues to invest in buying and needing to maintain multiple iPhones/iPads/iDevices. Thanks, Apple!

iTunes 12.6.5.3 stopped working - not updating Apps (in Windows environment)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.