Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing remote host would not accept data file (32)

When printing I get this message on the printer dialog window:

"printing remote host would not accept data file (32)" and the document does not print or just the first couple of lines do.

iMac 2019 21.5 running Catalina 10.15.4

Printer Canon pixma MG5750

I have re connected the printer to the correct WiFi network, have removed and reassigned the printer on the Mac and have restarted the Mac and the printer.

1. What is the root cause of this message?
  2. how do I solve the problem?

Thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 10:08 AM

Hi and Thanks,

I saw the first one but was looking for something more recent with a similar set up to mine. Anyway I have solved the issue, for now at least. As well as repeating the steps above, I restarted the Router, and now everything seems to be working as it should. So it appears that it was some sort of network issue. It would be handy if there was a database for these messages. Maybe there is??

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 10:08 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi and Thanks,

I saw the first one but was looking for something more recent with a similar set up to mine. Anyway I have solved the issue, for now at least. As well as repeating the steps above, I restarted the Router, and now everything seems to be working as it should. So it appears that it was some sort of network issue. It would be handy if there was a database for these messages. Maybe there is??

printing remote host would not accept data file (32)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.