Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guided access no home button

Hello I have an iPhone 7 and turned guided access on my home button has recently broke I turned the screen home button on but put guided access over it please can you help?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:05 PM

Hello LukeStephenDavidJones,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to turn off Guided Access on your iPhone 7 due to a broken Home button, and it sounds like the AssistiveTouch button isn't visible on your screen. I would be happy to help explore steps to take next.

See if you're able to turn off Guided Access using the Side button on your iPhone instead:

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

"End a Guided Access session

Triple-click the Side or Home button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End. Or if you turned on Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click the Side or Home button."

Turning off Guided Access using this method would also turn off all Accessibility shortcuts, including AssistiveTouch, so you'd need to set that up again after:

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're unable to turn off Guided Access using those steps, here's what to do next:

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 7:05 PM in response to LukeStephenDavidJones

Hello LukeStephenDavidJones,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to turn off Guided Access on your iPhone 7 due to a broken Home button, and it sounds like the AssistiveTouch button isn't visible on your screen. I would be happy to help explore steps to take next.

See if you're able to turn off Guided Access using the Side button on your iPhone instead:

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

"End a Guided Access session

Triple-click the Side or Home button, enter your Guided Access passcode, then tap End. Or if you turned on Touch ID or Face ID for Guided Access, double-click the Side or Home button."

Turning off Guided Access using this method would also turn off all Accessibility shortcuts, including AssistiveTouch, so you'd need to set that up again after:

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're unable to turn off Guided Access using those steps, here's what to do next:

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Take care.

Guided access no home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.