Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guided access

I have an iPad with a home button and turned on guided access then my daughter broke the home button while guided access was still turned on, how can I turn off guided access? If I can.

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 5:35 AM

It is a common misconception that an iPad (or iPhone) can remain fully functional with damaged or defective physical buttons. 

Whilst Accessibility features (such as assistive touch) can be used to augment the User Interface, these features cannot be used as a substitute for physical button sequences that must be used to trigger system recovery actions. Sooner or later, as now, you will encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

Until repaired, you are unlikely to be able to escape Guided Access mode or resolve an otherwise locked-out iPad - or reset a forgotten device passcode.

You can arrange through an Apple Store, Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) or through Apple’s mail-in repair services:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 5:35 AM in response to thaisha52

It is a common misconception that an iPad (or iPhone) can remain fully functional with damaged or defective physical buttons. 

Whilst Accessibility features (such as assistive touch) can be used to augment the User Interface, these features cannot be used as a substitute for physical button sequences that must be used to trigger system recovery actions. Sooner or later, as now, you will encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

Until repaired, you are unlikely to be able to escape Guided Access mode or resolve an otherwise locked-out iPad - or reset a forgotten device passcode.

You can arrange through an Apple Store, Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) or through Apple’s mail-in repair services:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Guided access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.