Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In safari, everytime I tab on a link I get a beautiful search window

In safari, everytime I tab on any link I get a beautiful search window

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:58 AM

Hi,

Would you like a new tab to open to your Home page?

To set your homepage and new tab page, open Safari and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.

On the General screen, enter the URL you want to use as your homepage, and on new tabs, in the “Homepage” box.

Then, select “Homepage” from the New tabs open with dropdown list and click the red close button in the upper-left corner of the Preferences dialog box.

Now, when you create a new tab in Safari, your homepage will open on it.

To go back to using the default New Tab page in Safari, follow the above steps, but select “Favorites” from the New tabs open with dropdown list on the General page on the Preferences dialog box.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 7:58 AM in response to Dennis Robinson4

Hi,

Would you like a new tab to open to your Home page?

To set your homepage and new tab page, open Safari and select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.

On the General screen, enter the URL you want to use as your homepage, and on new tabs, in the “Homepage” box.

Then, select “Homepage” from the New tabs open with dropdown list and click the red close button in the upper-left corner of the Preferences dialog box.

Now, when you create a new tab in Safari, your homepage will open on it.

To go back to using the default New Tab page in Safari, follow the above steps, but select “Favorites” from the New tabs open with dropdown list on the General page on the Preferences dialog box.

In safari, everytime I tab on a link I get a beautiful search window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.