Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random songs keep getting added to library

the same songs keep getting added to my iTunes library.

I don’t think I have done anything to cause this and have been in and deleted them manually and they reappeared a few days later. I deleted them again only for them to reappear.

these are mainly songs and artists that I’m not interested in and wouldn’t listen to. They’re also quite varied in terms of genre and age so can’t imagine they are from a playlist somewhere.

help please!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:54 AM

5 replies

May 14, 2020 6:48 AM in response to jackonly18

Howdy jackonly18,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that songs may be appearing in your library yet you are not the one adding them. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. I'm happy to help!

Let's first check to see if you could be signed into another device with this resource that I gathered below:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Please make sure you remove any devices that you don't recognize or are devices that you use.

Let's also check your purchase history for iTunes to see if those songs appear there.

See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store

Specifically, "See your purchase history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch"

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name, then tap iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
  4. Scroll to Purchase History and tap it. If you want to see purchases that you made more than 90 days prior, tap Last 90 Days, then select a date range.
  5. Find the item, then tap Total Billed.

Please respond back if you continue to have any issues.

Best regards!

Jun 15, 2020 11:45 AM in response to jackonly18

Hey again, jackonly18.

Are you by chance a Shazam user? If so, check to see that the setting for "Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music" isn't enabled. Also, if you have Apple Music set up to add your Personal Mixes to your library, this could be another reason why these tracks have appeared without you adding them. These would be items like Favorites Mix, New Music Mix, Chill Mix, and Friends Mix. Check those out and see if one of those could be the culprit and let me know.

Be well.

Random songs keep getting added to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.