Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD GEN 7 work with Apple TV Without using the Screen Mirroring?

We just purchased our IPAD GEN 7 a few months ago and notice we cannot share the video on our IPAD other than using Screen Mirroring. The older generation IPADS allow us to send the image to the Apple TV device (we have both Apple TV basic and Apple TV 4K) to be played on the TV screen.

Problem: The Screen Mirroring function just does not work consistently and freezes on the AppleTV while it continues to play on the IPAD. IPAD is running version 13.4.1.

Question: Is Screen Mirroring the only way to show videos or movies from the IPAD to Apple TV? Is there a setting or fix?

Regards,

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:59 AM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

3 replies

May 13, 2020 2:20 PM in response to QuickPost

Resetting the network settings worked, but, I only tried it for a few minutes.  I will see how it works on Thursday when I view a 1 hour broadcast . 

By the way, we used to send IPAD (GEN 3) content to the Apple TV and the IPAD went blank-worked great and without errors!  With Screen Mirroring, both devices shows the content.

Is IPAD (GEN 7) Screen Mirroring the only way to show videos or movies from the IPAD to Apple TV?

Regards

May 18, 2020 4:56 AM in response to QuickPost

I performed the suggested solution by resetting the network settings and it worked for only a 1 minute. I finally had a chance to see if it would work for longer and it failed. The video on the TV froze but the audio was OK. I check the IPAD and Apple TV and verified they were both using the same network.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Gene

IPAD GEN 7 work with Apple TV Without using the Screen Mirroring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.