Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro is stuck in a boot loop

Hello,

this morning my MacBook suddenly turned itself off and on twice in a row and then displayed the kernel panic screen. Since then it refuses to boot in to macOS Catalina, getting stuck in a loop every time.

I was lucky enough to be able to get my work done through Windows 10 installed on my Bootcamp partition, but I really want this problem fixed.

Disk Utility didn’t find anything wrong with the hard drive and resetting the RAM didn’t help either. I’m about to reinstall the version of macOS that shipped with my MacBook Pro, but I want to know, weather it will affect my bootcamp partition in any way, if I did that. I have all my work related files stored on it, so I removing it or letting it removed is out of the question.

Thank you in advance for your helpful responses.

Kind regards

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 12:01 PM

_Georgi_ wrote:

I’m about to reinstall the version of macOS that shipped with my MacBook Pro, but I want to know, weather it will affect my bootcamp partition in any way, if I did that. I have all my work related files stored on it, so I removing it or letting it removed is out of the question.

Reinstalling macOS will not affect your Boot Camp partition or your macOS User Account information. Besides, it's the correct thing to do given the circumstances.

It might not help though, in which case the next course of action would be to restore a Time Machine backup.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 12:01 PM in response to _Georgi_

_Georgi_ wrote:

I’m about to reinstall the version of macOS that shipped with my MacBook Pro, but I want to know, weather it will affect my bootcamp partition in any way, if I did that. I have all my work related files stored on it, so I removing it or letting it removed is out of the question.

Reinstalling macOS will not affect your Boot Camp partition or your macOS User Account information. Besides, it's the correct thing to do given the circumstances.

It might not help though, in which case the next course of action would be to restore a Time Machine backup.

My Macbook Pro is stuck in a boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.