Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Apple tv from being turned on by Tv

My setup is:

Apple Tv -> AV receiver - > Philips Tv

When apple tv start, my receiver turns on and my tv turns on - i want to keep that

When my tv turns on, my apple tv turns on. Apple tv turns on the receiver - I want to get rid of that.

How do I stop my apple tv from being turned on tv, but keep my tv turning on by my apple tv?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 13, 2020 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 4:24 PM

HDMI-CEC doesn’t allow this kind of user fine-tuning of behavior. Devices listen to commands from other devices if supported or ignore them, depending on their firmware programming. You can turn the feature on or off per device, and that is about the limit of control that you have, if devices behave differently from what you wanted.

Maybe you can enable HDMI-CEC on one device, and turn it off on the other device, but even that is unlikely to result in wanted behavior.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 4:24 PM in response to Hanien1977

HDMI-CEC doesn’t allow this kind of user fine-tuning of behavior. Devices listen to commands from other devices if supported or ignore them, depending on their firmware programming. You can turn the feature on or off per device, and that is about the limit of control that you have, if devices behave differently from what you wanted.

Maybe you can enable HDMI-CEC on one device, and turn it off on the other device, but even that is unlikely to result in wanted behavior.

How to stop Apple tv from being turned on by Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.