Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate infrequently measured

Sometimes I will look down at my watch and it will display my heart rate as of "47 minutes ago" or other long periods of time. This, to me, implies that it is not reading it regularly and therefore may inaccurately be measuring my calories burned throughout the day. Can someone shed some light on where to see or adjust the frequency of heart rate readings or why it would display what it was so long ago?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on May 13, 2020 1:07 PM

4 replies

May 13, 2020 1:12 PM in response to kari_lynn222

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

The next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You might also look at:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

May 13, 2020 1:21 PM in response to kari_lynn222

The watch measures your heart rate approximately once every 10 minutes by default and only measures your heart rate constantly while you have started a workout from the workout app.

There are no settings to edit,these are the watch's default settings.

Heart rate infrequently measured

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.