Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on Apple Watch

I just recently purchased my Apple Watch Series 5 w/ Cellular. I was wondering if there is a way to listen and stream the “Top Charts” feature and/or “Browse” feature from Apple Music on the Apple Watch without my iPhone nearby.

i know there’s a difference between my watch telling me if I’m listening to “iPhone” or “Apple Watch” music but I wanted to know if there’s a way to stream those features specifically from the watch without ur iPhone nearby claims I do now have cellular.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:23 PM

Perhaps these articles will help:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

Play music on Apple Watch - Apple Support

and as this article says:

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"If you're connected to Wi-Fi or cellular on your Apple Watch Series 3 or later, you can stream Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and audiobooks, even when you’re away from your iPhone."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Bmedina87

Perhaps these articles will help:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

Play music on Apple Watch - Apple Support

and as this article says:

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"If you're connected to Wi-Fi or cellular on your Apple Watch Series 3 or later, you can stream Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and audiobooks, even when you’re away from your iPhone."

May 13, 2020 3:34 PM in response to javaliga

I was able to do this without the cellular feature on my Series 3. I’ve read those articles, but I was wondering specifically since I have purchased the Series 5 with Cellular, if I am able to stream Top Charts without my phone instead of having to download the music

the IPhone music App has a feature under “Browse” that says “top charts.” Can I play that from my watch without my phone nearby. & if I search a song on my phone’s search bar in the music app can I continue listening to that without my Phone nearby.

Apple Music on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.