Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving texts on new iPad Pro.

How do I receive iPad texts from both android and iOS users?

i am missing Incoming texts when my iPhone isn’t handy...

Tried all prior posted Settings suggestions without success.

Posted on May 13, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 4:40 PM

To receive SMS/MMS from non-iOS users on the iPad, you have to have Text Message Forwarding turned on for the iPad from the iPhone. On the iPhone go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding, and select your iPad. That will allow the iPad to receive and send messages, using your iPhone to do it with. See this for other information about Continuity between devices. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Lk62bend

To receive SMS/MMS from non-iOS users on the iPad, you have to have Text Message Forwarding turned on for the iPad from the iPhone. On the iPhone go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding, and select your iPad. That will allow the iPad to receive and send messages, using your iPhone to do it with. See this for other information about Continuity between devices. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Not receiving texts on new iPad Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.