Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the new or previous generation iPad Pro run Logic Pro X better than my Mid-2012 MacBook Pro?

I'm considering buying one. Thank you.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on May 14, 2020 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:53 AM

For all its power, for many applications, iPad (even a Pro) is still no match for a full featured desktop or laptop computer.

As mentioned in my initial reply, despite not having a full featured App for iPad, you can still remotely control the Mac from the iPad using the dedicated App that they have released.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 5:53 AM in response to dgerch

For all its power, for many applications, iPad (even a Pro) is still no match for a full featured desktop or laptop computer.

As mentioned in my initial reply, despite not having a full featured App for iPad, you can still remotely control the Mac from the iPad using the dedicated App that they have released.

Will the new or previous generation iPad Pro run Logic Pro X better than my Mid-2012 MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.