Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

incoming calls on my new iphone se sound distant. using the speaker sound little different. Help

incoming calls on my new iPhone se sound distant. Can hardly hear. Speaker makes little difference. HELP PLEASE

Posted on May 14, 2020 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 3:21 PM

Hi Zipgoesamillion,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities and congratulations on your new iPhone SE! I understand that the sound during calls on your device seems distant and switching to speaker doesn't improve the quality. I know how important it is to have good sound quality from the speakers on your device; I'd like to help.

Since you mention this is a new device, I'd suggest checking to see if the clear plastic film that comes on new products happens to still be in place. If so, gently peel it away and test your sound quality again.

Otherwise I'd suggest using the remaining steps in the following resource to troubleshoot this behavior: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 3:21 PM in response to Zipgoesamillion

Hi Zipgoesamillion,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities and congratulations on your new iPhone SE! I understand that the sound during calls on your device seems distant and switching to speaker doesn't improve the quality. I know how important it is to have good sound quality from the speakers on your device; I'd like to help.

Since you mention this is a new device, I'd suggest checking to see if the clear plastic film that comes on new products happens to still be in place. If so, gently peel it away and test your sound quality again.

Otherwise I'd suggest using the remaining steps in the following resource to troubleshoot this behavior: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

incoming calls on my new iphone se sound distant. using the speaker sound little different. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.