Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps reinstalling after each reboot

Hi,

I have the new MacBook Pro and the newest MacOs.

Unfortunately after each reboot there are some aps that need reinstallation (like Mozilla, hangouts). When I click on the object for the first time after reboot, reinstallation from disc starts. It's not taking long but it is annoying. Do you have an idea how to fix it? On my older device it's never happening.

I know from the previous answer that "Most downloaded apps come in a disk image, ".dmg" file or compressed in a ".zip" archive. The apps must be installed from their delivery media." But I'm not really sure what does this mean to install an app from delivery media? Could you give me an example basing on installing hangouts of mentioned firefox?

Thanks for your any help on that.

Cheers,

Yaffi

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:17 AM

Apps need to be dropped into the Applications folder.

Some automatically end up there, some present an Alias application folder you drag and drop on too— either way they end up in the Application folder.

Install and uninstall apps from the internet or disc on Mac ...

Safely open apps on your Mac – Apple Support

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 5:17 AM in response to yaffi

Apps need to be dropped into the Applications folder.

Some automatically end up there, some present an Alias application folder you drag and drop on too— either way they end up in the Application folder.

Install and uninstall apps from the internet or disc on Mac ...

Safely open apps on your Mac – Apple Support

Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple ...

apps reinstalling after each reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.