Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro keeps rebooting after installing ios 13.4.1

After installing ios 13.4.1 on my ipad pro, it continually reboots. There is no question in my mind that this was caused by the new update. It worked fine until I installed the update. Immediately after installing, it started rebooting. It stays up for around 3 to 5 minutes, then reboots itself. I have uninstalled half of my apps, I have updated all remaining apps. What in the update would be causing this? I see lots of people online complaining about this. What is apple doing to resolve?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 14, 2020 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 10:12 AM

As previously indicated - this is the initial step. Before embarking upon more disruptive actions, it is usually prudent to avoid assumptions - and to start diagnosis with the least invasive action.

You’re clearly keen to skip to the end - and use the biggest hammer available - so your next step is the full factory reset and system restore:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252

The current working assumption is that your iPadOS installation may have a corruption - hence the need to reinstall the firmware.

Alternatively, simply reach out to Apple Support. The link to Contact Support is at top-right of this page.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 10:12 AM in response to claribel272

As previously indicated - this is the initial step. Before embarking upon more disruptive actions, it is usually prudent to avoid assumptions - and to start diagnosis with the least invasive action.

You’re clearly keen to skip to the end - and use the biggest hammer available - so your next step is the full factory reset and system restore:

The current working assumption is that your iPadOS installation may have a corruption - hence the need to reinstall the firmware.

Alternatively, simply reach out to Apple Support. The link to Contact Support is at top-right of this page.

May 14, 2020 7:40 AM in response to claribel272

An as initial step, a forced-restart of your iPad is recommended- as this often resolves isolated or unexpected issues:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If this does not resolve the issue, given the problem you are experiencing, a factory restore is the most likely and expeditious route to a fix:

Jun 1, 2020 5:10 PM in response to claribel272

Sorry to learn that your iPad has contracted this constant boot/re-boot loop issue after upgrading/updated to iPadOS 13.4.1.

This seems to be a growing and recurring issue with many iPads that have been updating to iPadOS 13.4.1

Unfortunately, Apple, currently, has NO fix or solution to this issue, to date!

Other users with this issue, that have actually called into Apple support about this issue, reported were only being offered in-warranty/expensive, out-of-warranty device replacement option, in lieu of Apple support not having an actual device fix or solution for what Apple support is diagnosing as some sort of internal hardware/software failure/fault with no recovery.

Sorry.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You can post multiple feedback on this iPadOS/iPad boot loop issue as many times as you like to help get Apple's attention on this issue

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

If no one posts feedback to Apple, Apple will have NO clue that there are any types of issues with their hardware or software products!

Also, I STRONGLY suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with a more amiable/amenable solution to this iPad boot loop issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, at least, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

May 14, 2020 9:59 AM in response to LotusPilot

This is what is being told to everyone I have seen who has complained about this. I don't like spending hundreds of dollars on a device only to have Apple break it with an update, then tell me I need to spend tons of my own time repairing it. At some point Apple needs to own the mistake, look for how their update messed things up, then push down a repair.

May 14, 2020 1:05 PM in response to LotusPilot

I already did step 1 in these troubleshooting steps, multiple times. Subsequent steps are much more involved. I, quite obviously, would like to skip to the end where I have a working iPad again. What I take exception to, is Apple shifting the repair efforts/responsibility over to its patrons (backup/restore/erase) instead of pushing a repair (since a lot of people are complaining about it). I have a second ipad that just got the update and is doing the same thing.

Additionally, I like to understand problems and repairs. I feel like Apple's solution is always "just redo everything". Maybe it's just a setting that needs to be changed? Maybe a slight adjustment to a single subcategory in the settings would fix it? Who knows? And when this happens again in a few months? Just redo everything again, shall I? Surely you understand my frustration here. Enough people allow their ipads to submit analytics for them to know what's going on.

May 15, 2020 5:19 AM in response to LotusPilot

So I did every step. I can't downgrade the IOS, because.....Apple..... I even installed the new beta version 13.5. The ipad still shuts down and reboots every 3 or 4 minutes. Interesting that if I turn off the screen it doesn't happen. It only reboots if the screen is on for 3 or 4 minutes straight. If I close the cover (causing the screen to shut off) every 2.5 minutes, it doesn't reboot. Even that is more of a workaround than Apple has provided. Thanks for ruining everyone's iPad pro 10.5 and not giving us a way to roll back to an earlier ios, Apple!

My iPad Pro keeps rebooting after installing ios 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.