Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service Battery

My Macbook Air showing Service Battery status, while the battery cycle count is only 491.

DO i need to replace or repair the battery.

As per Apple support, the Macbook Air battery can operate up to 1000 cycles.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 8:51 AM

Yes: Start a service request

Please refer to About Mac notebook batteries

Excerpt:

• Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally. You can safely use your Mac when it's connected to an appropriate power adapter, but you should take it to an Apple Store or Apple-authorized service provider as soon as possible.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 8:51 AM in response to satnam256

Yes: Start a service request

Please refer to About Mac notebook batteries

Excerpt:

• Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally. You can safely use your Mac when it's connected to an appropriate power adapter, but you should take it to an Apple Store or Apple-authorized service provider as soon as possible.

Service Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.