Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No access to camera or photos

Never had an issue, yesterday I realized none of my apps will allow access to my camera including google photos and every other app Facebook etc. I have an iPhone 6. Tell me to go to privacy and camera but then says no apps have asked for permission.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:35 PM

That’s the way it should be. You need to try to access a photo from the app. You will be asked if you want to allow the access. Better yet, go to Settings/[the name of the app], for example, Settings/Google Photos. There will be a switch to allow access to photos (and other stuff). The same for any other app that you want to access your photos. Google Photos has no need to access the camera, so that switch won’t be there, but other apps may.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 5:35 PM in response to Wesskb

That’s the way it should be. You need to try to access a photo from the app. You will be asked if you want to allow the access. Better yet, go to Settings/[the name of the app], for example, Settings/Google Photos. There will be a switch to allow access to photos (and other stuff). The same for any other app that you want to access your photos. Google Photos has no need to access the camera, so that switch won’t be there, but other apps may.

No access to camera or photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.