Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring iPhone

My iPhone 7 was stuck in the start-up screen (white screen with Apple logo) for about 2 days so I decided to try do the recovery mode and I did and I pressed “update” but it somehow restored instead, and now I’ve lost all my data that is VERYYYY important and I need it back ASAP (I’ve not done any backups to iCloud or anything as I never knew this could have happened!) please please please tell me how to get my data back ??

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 14, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 6:09 PM

Hello,

You stated that you have nothing backed up on iCloud. What about a backup on your computer? I don't think you had a backup on your computer otherwise you would have mentioned that. Was iCloud turned on to sync Messages, Photos, Calendar, Notes etc? If YES then once you sign on with your Apple ID then that information will be recovered from iCloud.

If the answer is a NO to all of the above then I am afraid that you will not be able to recover anything that was on your iPhone except that you will be able to download all your apps from the App Store once signed into your Apple ID.

Axel F.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 6:09 PM in response to What_the_faq

Hello,

You stated that you have nothing backed up on iCloud. What about a backup on your computer? I don't think you had a backup on your computer otherwise you would have mentioned that. Was iCloud turned on to sync Messages, Photos, Calendar, Notes etc? If YES then once you sign on with your Apple ID then that information will be recovered from iCloud.

If the answer is a NO to all of the above then I am afraid that you will not be able to recover anything that was on your iPhone except that you will be able to download all your apps from the App Store once signed into your Apple ID.

Axel F.

Restoring iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.