Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube problems

Anytime I try and get into YouTube on safari on my MacBook Air it says a problem has occurred. It is only youtube I have this problem for. Any solutions.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 15, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 10:25 AM

What OS and Safari version are you using?

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Quit/reopen Safari and test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 10:25 AM in response to Chloezzzzzz

What OS and Safari version are you using?

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Quit/reopen Safari and test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

May 15, 2020 11:00 AM in response to Chloezzzzzz

Chloezzzzzz Said:

"YouTube problems Anytime I try and get into YouTube on safari on my MacBook Air it says a problem has occurred. It is only youtube I have this problem for. Any solutions."

-------

Zoom In with a Screenshot:

With a full-screenshot, it would be tough to read, having to contemplating all the images. So just select a capture the portion of the screen where the message it. Zoom in, to get a clear and crisp view of the message.

So...

1. Press: ["command" + "+"] to zoom in on the message. While zoomed in, take a screenshot of the message.
  2. Take: the zoomed-in screenshot

Taking Screenshots:

1. Go Here: Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: How to capture a portion of the screen

YouTube problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.