Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the face in the people page of Photos?

Posted on May 15, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 12:20 AM

When you change the face, as recommended by Mark, pick one of the faces that have been detected automatically by Photos, not a face you had to add manually. Then your selection will be more stable after a system upgrade or when you are syncing your Photos Library with iCloud Photos across devices. Manually added faces may occasionally vanish. Pick a photo as the key photo, where the face is large enough for the huge thumbnails and distinctive and you can easily recognise the face (for example, if you have albums of siblings that are looking similar).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 12:20 AM in response to fatcity

When you change the face, as recommended by Mark, pick one of the faces that have been detected automatically by Photos, not a face you had to add manually. Then your selection will be more stable after a system upgrade or when you are syncing your Photos Library with iCloud Photos across devices. Manually added faces may occasionally vanish. Pick a photo as the key photo, where the face is large enough for the huge thumbnails and distinctive and you can easily recognise the face (for example, if you have albums of siblings that are looking similar).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.