Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes match not functioning

Itunes match is not working. I have 1000 albums on my hard drive. I tunes match is reading my ripped music on my hard drive and only adding select artists to my library on my iPhone 11. Under a single artist, if there are 12 albums present in the library only 3 or 4 are coming over and then just one song from each album. Nothing is downloading, I have to download each separately. I have all of the proper syn, download buttons selected under music on my phone. I spent 5 hours on the phone with mac support and they couldn't figure it out. The only thing that works is transferring one song at a time......1000 albums.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

[Email Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 15, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:49 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. You need to persuade iTunes to match or upload all of your music before trying to access it on your device. You can try updating iCloud Music Library to force through content that currently shows as waiting.

tt2

Similar questions

13 replies

May 17, 2020 1:57 PM in response to denshead

Content that is matched or uploaded is already part of your iCloud Music Library. Right-click should give you the context menu. Your initial post suggests you have a Mac, so Microsoft shouldn't be involved. Confused? Yes I am. Do you have tracks with an iCloud Status of waiting or removed? Those are the ones that might need explicitly adding to the library and then iCloud Music Library updated to complete the process of matching or uploading them.

tt2

May 17, 2020 2:28 PM in response to turingtest2

I am a bit of a dummy when it comes to computers that is for sure. Im confused also. i just did what you said and there is a huge list of songs that under status says "waiting".....what does that mean? how do you force from waiting to upload?

The other thing is that a lot of the albums have come down onto my phone over the last 2 hours.....I dont know how but basically not downloading automatically.....it looks like i have to hit the download button on every album on my phone manually

May 18, 2020 7:19 AM in response to denshead

Waiting should be a temporary status as iTunes works through the content in the library and either matches or uploads it. Occasionally the process gets stuck. Selecting tracks that are waiting (assuming the files are actually stored locally), right clicking and using Add to Library, and then using File > Library > Update Cloud Library should force the matching/uploading process to resume. If you have content that is visible in your cloud library and waiting because it was indexed in a previous version of your library but was still waiting to match or upload then it may only be possible to resolve these by deleting them from the library.

It may be possible to download a full playlist with one action.

tt2

Itunes match not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.