Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad Pro External Drive

Using a Brokuca dongle with 12.9" iPad Pro. iOS always the latest version.

256 GB SSD USB drive with dongle plugged into factory power adapter.

Have formatted the drive FAT, ex-FAT, MacOS Journaled, Case Sensitive, MAC OS Journaled.... None of these options work, the drive does not show up in Finder. USB Dongles, same story.

Does this actually work? Articles all over the web say it does.... Same story with a SanDisk dongle. Ipad clearly sees the drive, the activity lights blink.

Wanting to buy a headphone adapter, does that work? So far the USB dongle is Captain Dunsil on iPad, nothing plugged into it works.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 15, 2020 12:43 PM

9 replies

Jun 1, 2020 12:34 PM in response to MichelPM

Yes, some USB Cable manufactures make poor cables. And yes USB-C isn't a "standard" anymore than USB 1.0 was.

Both devices I have are USB 3.1 Gen 2. Otherwise they wouldn't work with a mac book and an external drive.

In frustration I googled this more. Some people are saying the iPad Pro USB connection to a flash drive or external disk only works for photos and videos. Is this true?

This community is as bad as Microsofts. So sad Apple was not this way back in the day.

Jun 1, 2020 1:00 PM in response to MooseMiester

Quit the attitude!

What you found is incorrect, erroneous information.

You can transfer any data, now.

Back before external drive support, the only data you could transfer was audio, video and images.

This all changed with iPadOS and external drive support.

I gave you the adapter solution you need.

All you need to do is spend the cash to get the proper Apple adapter to use with your iPad Pro and this will solve any of your external drive issues.

Do what you will.

ipad Pro External Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.