Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Hacked

Hello, I just recently went into my music app and realized there were about 20 songs/albums added to my music that I did not add or have ever heard of. I changed my apple id password should I do anything else, and why did this happen? Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 15, 2020 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 2:39 PM

I think I may actually have a solution. I also use Shazam (the app where you can find out the name of a song playing) and it looks like they have changed it recently so that any song you have found on Shazam is then automatically downloaded into your apple music account. All of the new songs in my library also appeared in a playlist called "shazam songs" which I didn't create. I went on Shazam and changed the settings so this shouldn't happen again. It may be the same for you! I hope this helps

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 2:39 PM in response to britneydemorais

I think I may actually have a solution. I also use Shazam (the app where you can find out the name of a song playing) and it looks like they have changed it recently so that any song you have found on Shazam is then automatically downloaded into your apple music account. All of the new songs in my library also appeared in a playlist called "shazam songs" which I didn't create. I went on Shazam and changed the settings so this shouldn't happen again. It may be the same for you! I hope this helps

Apple Music Hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.