Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adware/Malware/Virus/Hijackers

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good Mac Cleaner? I have about 20 apps that got installed on my machine that appear to be Adware. Apps with names "interactivespeed" "skyscanner"

"extradevice" "servicebuilder" and so many more. I also have a problem with my search engine being hijacked. I believe the hijacking is related to the adware apps. I have my search engine set as google, but every time I do a search it flips to yahoo search. I don't want to drag them to the trash bin as I believe there are related files elsewhere that also need to be removed.

In researching these apps I get suggestions for Malwarebytes for Mac and combo cleaner for Mac. I'm afraid that these might just add to my problem..

Thanks in advance,

Michael

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:42 AM

Never install any app that claims to clean or speed up your Mac.

Otherwise, fully agree with dialabrain. MalwareBytes is routinely suggested here. Its main function is to find and and remove malware/adware you've already installed. It's free to use and easily uninstalled from its menu option when you're done with it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 9:42 AM in response to chuckie puddles

Never install any app that claims to clean or speed up your Mac.

Otherwise, fully agree with dialabrain. MalwareBytes is routinely suggested here. Its main function is to find and and remove malware/adware you've already installed. It's free to use and easily uninstalled from its menu option when you're done with it.

Adware/Malware/Virus/Hijackers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.