Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro 10.5 - Accidental shortcut? Bug? Region jumps to left of screen in edit window

Hello Kind Geniuses -

I've looked all over the internet and I'm convinced I clicked some shortcut by mistake and now Logic is doing this annoying thing. I've poked around a lot but may not know the terminology, so please be gentle with me.

NORMALLY -

In the tracks window, I can use the marquee tool to cut by selecting and hitting the delete key. The track stays put and does what I command.

I prefer doing that in the EDIT window, as I have for a couple of years with this program.

NOW -

When I click the marquee tool in the region and hit delete, the whole region jumps to the left of my screen in the Edit window.

This is maddening when it is unintended. I'll be in the middle of fine tuning and I spend a lot of time chasing down edit points. I have since developed a different work flow to get through this project but I am turning to you sexy people for guidance after much internetting.

HOW do I make it stop?

Is it a 10.5 issue? It started around the time of the upgrade, but I'm not sure.

Good things will happen to you if you can answer and post this.

I really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:55 PM

Solved.

Feeling ridiculous, as I knew I would, I thought the Snap functions were off when they weren't.

It was "Smart" snapping and I must be triggering it by accident when the night is long.

As you were.

Similar questions

2 replies

May 16, 2020 8:01 PM in response to Gabrielle St. Evensen

This is my second reply to myself because my hopes are dashed and I can't delete my first post and reply, but I don't want to re-post - and I'm all alone. Somehow this is all very Covid and when you read this years from now, it might seem quaint.

Meanwhile - Logic Pro X 10.5 mocks me in the Spring of 2020.

Grr. Not "solved".  And I can't "Unsolve" on this forum.

It was fine for a while. I thought it was the Snap function... but no.

The edit-related region jumping issues are still around.

It's random and cruel.

Anyone else have this going on when editing audio?

I haven't even tried with midi or other types of editing.

Drag is set to No Overlap.

My Snap is OFF everywhere.

Cycle is off.

Transport is set to play from marquee.

Sometimes the region just sits there all calm and happy, and let's me move it after I've clicked delete at the marquee point, splitting it, as one does.  Most other times, it jumps wildly to the left of the screen, avoiding my pointer and its desires. This is why I reach out to you. Please help me make it stop. I've had this program for years and before Logic Pro, there was Digital Performer, Final Cut Pro and even the limited but loyal Garageband. Why now? Why this? Why us?

I'm not wildly clicking shortcuts. But maybe one in my past has maligned me.

And - I can't seem to delete or change my posts here, so I'm leaving this in the comments.

Sigh. Back to work.

logic pro 10.5 - Accidental shortcut? Bug? Region jumps to left of screen in edit window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.