Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move a region up or down with a key command in Logic Pro?

I want to move a selected region down to the next track (either up or down) keeping the same position like you would clicking and dragging, but using the keyboard or a key command. How do I do this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I probably need to do this about 3000 times in a project, so using the mouse and clicking and dragging is extremely inconvenient. I timed this. The time of clicking, dragging up or down, then holding down shift so it will snap in the same location, is going to take 3 seconds each time (taking 2.5 hours of JUST moving tracks), where if there was a key command, it takes 1/2 a second (meaning 25 minutes).

Thanks for any help/info

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:52 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2020 1:35 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thanks for responding, it's a minor improvement, but I still have to:

1. Select the track (which de-selects the region I want to move)
  2. Click the region (again) I want to move it to with the mouse
  3. Then, Move to Focused Track (which is what I assume you and the webpage meant, maybe they changed the terminology).

It looks like there is no function for this, so I'll probably have to write a macro that automates the motion I want.

Thanks again

How do I move a region up or down with a key command in Logic Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.