Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro selection shortcut

I am recording an audiobook. Every track relates to one chapter and is made up of small regions that relate to each paragraph in that chapter. At times I need to insert a new region in the middle of the others. What I need to do is to be able to select all the regions to the right of a particular region so that I can slide them all to the right (to open a section) or all to the left (to close up a section). Is there a quick-key that allows me to click a particular region and automatically also select all regions to the right of it, as well?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:31 AM

Because you stacked the chapters vertically (which is not a bad thing at all), you can't use

Edit > Cut/Insert Time > ...

which is perfectly made for this.

However, you can assign a key command for selecting all following regions, I use very often.

Edit > Select >

Select All Following

Select All Following of the Same Track

also interesting

Edit > Move >

Shuffle Left

Shuffle right

It's a good idea to go through the menus or key commands from time to time to get an idea what is possible, there are many commands only available as key commands.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 12:31 AM in response to mpk-apple

Because you stacked the chapters vertically (which is not a bad thing at all), you can't use

Edit > Cut/Insert Time > ...

which is perfectly made for this.

However, you can assign a key command for selecting all following regions, I use very often.

Edit > Select >

Select All Following

Select All Following of the Same Track

also interesting

Edit > Move >

Shuffle Left

Shuffle right

It's a good idea to go through the menus or key commands from time to time to get an idea what is possible, there are many commands only available as key commands.

Logic Pro selection shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.