Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro (2016) won’t connect to Apple Pencil 1st generation

I updated my iPad Pro 2016 recently and after that my Apple Pencil (1st generation) stopped working. I’m unable to pair the device because when I try it says unable to connect even though the Apple Pencil is completely charged and connected. I’m assuming the issue has something to do with the Update but can’t figure out how to solve this issue. Anyone know how to fix something like this?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:16 PM

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 6:16 PM in response to usbaldo81

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

iPad Pro (2016) won’t connect to Apple Pencil 1st generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.