Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Screen Flickering

Hi,

I'm using MBP 15inch Touch Bar (A1707) Model , especially when I watching YouTube videos my screen starts flickering :-(

Should replace d screen display or it would be Logic board issues ??

im really annoying with tis issues

Wat can I do??? Pls drop me your suggestions

Looking forward to hear from you 😊

MacBook

Posted on May 16, 2020 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 8:13 PM

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the flickering issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Which browser do you use to watch YouTube videos? Does the flickering happen only during video? Happen safari too?
  5. On your Mac, open System Preferences ➔ Energy Saver ➔ and uncheck the option for “Automatic graphics switching
  6. Update your MacOS if you have not.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 8:13 PM in response to royceterrence14

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the flickering issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Which browser do you use to watch YouTube videos? Does the flickering happen only during video? Happen safari too?
  5. On your Mac, open System Preferences ➔ Energy Saver ➔ and uncheck the option for “Automatic graphics switching
  6. Update your MacOS if you have not.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

MacBook Pro Screen Flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.