Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Search in Settings

The search feature within the Setting is no working. How can I get it to work again?

I'm running 13.4.1 in an XS Max. I've closed all apps and rebooted the iPhone but that didn't fix it. I also used older fixes from earlier phones/IOS version.

Thanks in advance for the solution.

Steve

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:33 AM

I finally got the search withing Settings to work again. Maybe it started working by itself but just in case what I did was the "fix", I'll share what occurred to me and what I tried to fix it for future reference.

I remembered that yesterday I had turned on a feature in the Location Settings of my Mobilinc Pro app to turn on Notify on Boundary Crossing setting. So what worked for me to "fix" it was do do the following:

• Go to Privacy settings
  • Turn off Location Services
  • Reboot the iPhone
  • Restarted the iPhone
  • Turn on Location Services
  • Reboot the iPhone
  • Restart the iPhone

I immediately went to the search feature within Settings and performed a search. The first search took a few seconds but then displayed the results. The search feature within Settings is now back and responds as quickly as it did before I had this problem.

Steve

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 9:33 AM in response to SteveSBR

I finally got the search withing Settings to work again. Maybe it started working by itself but just in case what I did was the "fix", I'll share what occurred to me and what I tried to fix it for future reference.

I remembered that yesterday I had turned on a feature in the Location Settings of my Mobilinc Pro app to turn on Notify on Boundary Crossing setting. So what worked for me to "fix" it was do do the following:

• Go to Privacy settings
  • Turn off Location Services
  • Reboot the iPhone
  • Restarted the iPhone
  • Turn on Location Services
  • Reboot the iPhone
  • Restart the iPhone

I immediately went to the search feature within Settings and performed a search. The first search took a few seconds but then displayed the results. The search feature within Settings is now back and responds as quickly as it did before I had this problem.

Steve

May 18, 2020 3:55 PM in response to SteveSBR

So to my surprise I could not do a Spotlight search today (5/18) again. I went through the same procedure as yesterday (turning off and back on the Notify on Boundary Crossing setting in the Location Setting and re-fixed the Spotlight search. Unfortunately I was so eager to "fix" the Spotlight search that I forgot to see if the search within Settings had the same problem.

Apple: Is there an issue with Spotlight and Settings searches and the Privacy, Location, or Boundary Crossing settings?

Cannot Search in Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.