Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 10.5 Waves Plugins not working

After updating to Logic 10.5 all my external plugins are not working properly: I can't see the control panels. I can only reach the parameter value in the editor mode. I've tried to re-scan all audio units, but that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas? (OS X Catalina, iMac 2019)

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 2:29 PM

Solution found!

This is Directly from Waves:

Logic 10.5 is now officially supported with Waves v11.

To start fresh, I suggest a complete uninstall-reinstall.

First, uninstall:

1. In Finder go to Applications and remove the Waves folder and Central application.
  2. In Finder, click on the Go menu while holding down [Alt/Option], click on Library > Preferences and send the Waves Preferences to the trash.
  3. In the same Library folder go to Caches and send the Waves folder to the trash.
  4. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences and send the Waves Preferences folder to the trash.
  5. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support and send the Waves folder to the trash.
  6. Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST3
    • Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plugins
    • Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > WPAPI

Now to re-install:

1. Download and install Central.
  2. Run Central and log in.
  3. Go to the Install Products page in the top left corner.
  4. Under My Products, check mark the products you wish to install.
  5. If your licenses are not activated, you can choose a device to activate to when installation finishes under Target Device for Licenses
  6. If your licenses are already activated, click Install on the bottom right.

Once done, please refer to our How to Find Your Plugins in Logic Pro X article and follow the steps provided.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 2:29 PM in response to DasherMusic

Solution found!

This is Directly from Waves:

Logic 10.5 is now officially supported with Waves v11.

To start fresh, I suggest a complete uninstall-reinstall.

First, uninstall:

1. In Finder go to Applications and remove the Waves folder and Central application.
  2. In Finder, click on the Go menu while holding down [Alt/Option], click on Library > Preferences and send the Waves Preferences to the trash.
  3. In the same Library folder go to Caches and send the Waves folder to the trash.
  4. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences and send the Waves Preferences folder to the trash.
  5. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support and send the Waves folder to the trash.
  6. Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST3
    • Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plugins
    • Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
    • Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > WPAPI

Now to re-install:

1. Download and install Central.
  2. Run Central and log in.
  3. Go to the Install Products page in the top left corner.
  4. Under My Products, check mark the products you wish to install.
  5. If your licenses are not activated, you can choose a device to activate to when installation finishes under Target Device for Licenses
  6. If your licenses are already activated, click Install on the bottom right.

Once done, please refer to our How to Find Your Plugins in Logic Pro X article and follow the steps provided.

Jul 8, 2020 9:42 PM in response to Rotorsound

DI you read the following support page regarding 10.5 and Plugins?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211239

As far as I understand, it is the old finger pointing game. Apple changes/updates something that requires the third-party developer to update their software (plugin). They give them prior notice to have it fixed by the release date. However, that works only in a perfect world.

In the case of Logic and Plugins, the end user can run into really annoying issues. For example, the developer didn't update in time, the developer refused to update (no time, no money, no interest), the developer doesn't exist anymore.

Hope that helps,

Edgar Rothermich

Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM)

www.LogicProGEM.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/

Jun 17, 2020 1:42 PM in response to Rotorsound

I emailed Waves about this the other day and they said that Waves is not yet supported by the newest version of Logic Pro X 10.5, and they're working on getting them all qualified for use. Kind of a bummer considering I live on the Waves stuff right now. I think one of the only options is to redownload an older version of OS to run an older version of Logic. Other than that, we might be SOL for the time being. I just hit them up on an ETA for the fix today so I'll come back once I get word of it.

Aug 29, 2020 1:01 PM in response to makingmusic69

All of my Waves plugins are V11. Yet every time I launch Logic I am prompted to move to trash or click cancel for plugins it says cannot be verified. I have over 400 Waves plugins and this is a true PITA! All of my UAD and IK Multimedia plugins are fine. After years of using Logic I am considering Pro Tools because this 10.5 issue really ruins my work flow before it even starts. These problems should have been addressed before launching. Especially seeing as a beta version was in the market.

Aug 29, 2020 1:27 PM in response to JamesCheef

Correction. Over 400 plugins. But for the Waves plugins I have to click cancel or skip, the counter says 458. Imagine having to click that many times just for Logic to load. All of my Waves plugins were updated a month or two ago. The strangest part of the issue is, that in the plugin manager the Waves plugins reads “Could not open”, but all of the plugins load and work. I just updated to 10.5 yesterday. Everything worked flawlessly in 10.4.

Sep 4, 2020 8:39 AM in response to makingmusic69

No because the folder that is supposed to be located in the library doesn’t exist. And as of about an hour ago version 10.5.1 won’t even open. It’s stuck on “Updating information about Audio Unit plugi-in’s”. I went to breakfast, came back, and it was still in that screen. I forced quit the program and restarted it. It’s stick on the same screen. This is a freaking joke! I’m in middle of a project. Again, I’d rather pay the money for Pro Tools. This upgrade has been nothing short of a joke! 10.4 was much better. If it ain’t broke don’t break it!

Sep 4, 2020 1:15 PM in response to makingmusic69

I have uninstalled every si glen Waves component. And I still can’t open Logic. I have to force quit. Once Logic closes there’s an error about an eLicenser. Problem is I’m not using one. This is ridiculous. In the beginning at least I was able to click thru for Logic to open. Now the error boxes are hidden behind the Logic startup window. I literally cannot believe they screwed up this update so terribly.

Logic 10.5 Waves Plugins not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.