Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro King's Cross sound cuts out suddenly

I've selected the King's Cross sound in a software instrument channel. It will play at normal 0db volume for 2-3 minutes and then seem to cut out and only register -35db or so. I'm doing nothing other than playing notes with my MIDI keyboard. The transport is not playing or recording, so there's no automation or other commands to change the volume. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Logic Pro 10.6.1

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 10:13 AM

Hi

King's Cross strings Patch is a (Summing) Track Stack, so you need to open up the stack and select the first sub-track to get to see the Instrument Plug-In:

Note that the Volume control within the plugin-in is mapped to MI(DI CC 7 ( Volume), so I'd bet that your MIDI controller is sending CC7 messages on it's own every now and then ( as mentioned earlier by Pancenter).

The Preset is configured to do Auto Voice Split, with a Drop 2 setting: this automatically drops the second note in a chord down an octave.

CCT

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 10:13 AM in response to myk247365

Hi

King's Cross strings Patch is a (Summing) Track Stack, so you need to open up the stack and select the first sub-track to get to see the Instrument Plug-In:

Note that the Volume control within the plugin-in is mapped to MI(DI CC 7 ( Volume), so I'd bet that your MIDI controller is sending CC7 messages on it's own every now and then ( as mentioned earlier by Pancenter).

The Preset is configured to do Auto Voice Split, with a Drop 2 setting: this automatically drops the second note in a chord down an octave.

CCT

Apr 4, 2021 9:18 AM in response to myk247365

I tried a blank project and set 1 track to King's Cross. It's still playing after several minutes, so there's something in my playing that's doing it. I'm not changing volume, so I don't think that's it. But I notice that in some cases, a note sounds an octave higher/lower than expected. I think this may have to do with the articulations. As I play different key velocities, I get different sounds as if the sound engine was set to trigger different samples at different velocities. I understand the reason behind doing this, but the change in octave is unexpected. After playing for a while, I got stuck on the Tremolo Whole articulation, now I can't get it to play a different articulation regardless of the key velocity I play. Even recording something and changing the notes to different articulations doesn't reset things as I would expect. I've been playing with MIDI instruments for over 30 years, I've troubleshot many synths, but I don't see the tools to configure this sound engine, there's no Instrument indication only a ChannelStrip setting indicating "King's Cross". If I select "Studio Violins 1", I see the Instrument is "Strings" and I can configure that by clicking the center of the button. But that button disappears when I select "King's Cross" and the other patches in the "Section Instruments" folder of the Sound Library. Does anyone know where I would configure the Patch for King's Cross? i'm guessing it's an area of Logic Pro I haven't had a need to explore yet.

Logic Pro King's Cross sound cuts out suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.