Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening NUMBERS & PAGES

When I start my iMAC and open NUMBERS or PAGES, I first get a smaller inset box that shows my a selection of documents that I don't necessarily want to look at right now. It also gives me the open to select a NEW document. I just want to click on NUMBERS or PAGES and select OPEN RECENT and proceed to work from this point since many times I am working on a recent document.. Is this a default with Catalina or can I turn this option off ?

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:57 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Brudduh

Hi Brudduh,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're looking to hide the Template Selection pane in Numbers and Pages. I can provide some insight on this.

You are correct that in macOS Catalina this is a default feature. Pages and Numbers will always show that pane upon launching. That being said there is a work around that might work for you.

In the dock, if you press command+option and click on the Pages/Numbers icon you will be presented with a menu. In this menu it will show you your recently worked on documents. If you select a recently worked on document Pages/Numbers will open directly to that document and bypass the Template Selection pane.

Best regards.

Opening NUMBERS & PAGES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.