Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[OBJ] visible when exporting Pages to EPUB

What is [OBJ]? I am seeing this when exporting a document to EPUB containing math equations.

I have searched the internet and this looks like some part of code, but couldn't find any article related to Mac Pages with this.

The Embed Font option is selected under Advanced Options when exporting to EPUB.

Also [OBJ] does not appear when exporting to PDF.

How do I remove it for EPUB?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:20 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 17, 2020 3:33 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hi VikingOSX,

That's a well-crafted reply!! Thank you very much for testing and providing so many details.

Yes, it opens fine on Apple Books. I see [OBJ] when opening it on other ePub readers on Android phone.

Even on Android phone, there is no [OBJ] for PDF and if exported to ePub in a fixed layout, but it appears only when Reflowable is selected. It also appeared when an image was inserted, so not limited to equation only.

Tried on iPad as well, by creating a new file in Pages, but same happened when ePub is opened on Android.

Mac Catalina 10.15.2, Pages 10.0 (6748)

Downloaded Sigil from Github, but couldn't open it.

May 17, 2020 3:55 PM in response to Ashisharma

When you double-click that Sigil.app-1.2.0-Mac.txz in your Downloads folder, it will simply expand and deposit the Sigil application there. You then right/control click on the Sigil application, and choose Open. There will be a slight delay as the system is verifying the app, and the following dialog will then appear:

Just click Open on this dialog, and your validation of Sigil is done. It will launch immediately afterward, where you can open the ePub from the File menu, and then select either Fn+F10, or F10 depending on how you have your function keys set up in System Preferences Keyboard, or simply select View menu : Preview.

By default, Sigil has a preference setting on its Preview tab that is enabled by default: Make Preview simulate a dark appearance in dark mode. It forces black text on a black background when the operating system Dark mode is selected. Just uncheck that as shown here to get black text on a white background:

Move the Sigil that is in Downloads to your /Application folder in the Finder WIndow's Favorites sidebar.

[OBJ] visible when exporting Pages to EPUB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.