Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages missing fonts message: can it be turned off?

Pages gives me 2 separate messages about missing fonts when I open work-related Word documents. Most of the time, I do not care about these fonts--I would be happy to see these documents in plain text with only table formatting preserved, because I just need to review the content. Pages does seem to be automatically converting to another font that works just fine for that, so I am not losing content by this.

Can I tell Pages to stop cluttering my screen with these unneeded and repetitive messages, especially when it's the 10th document opened from the same sender with the same fonts missing within the same session?

OS 12.6 Monterey, Pages 12.1

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:16 AM

When Pages is opening and translating those Word documents into the internal Pages document format, it will complain about font-references in the Word document that are not physically installed in macOS, and will perform font substitution (likely Times New Roman). This, along with other Word document features that are not supported by the translation or Pages document format will also trigger the warning dialog until the translation is complete. Unless no issues are found during translation and thus no warning dialog, there is no means to suppress this warning dialog during document translation when aberrations are discovered.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 9:16 AM in response to Donot Haveone

When Pages is opening and translating those Word documents into the internal Pages document format, it will complain about font-references in the Word document that are not physically installed in macOS, and will perform font substitution (likely Times New Roman). This, along with other Word document features that are not supported by the translation or Pages document format will also trigger the warning dialog until the translation is complete. Unless no issues are found during translation and thus no warning dialog, there is no means to suppress this warning dialog during document translation when aberrations are discovered.

Pages missing fonts message: can it be turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.