Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new iphone 11 keeps freezing

I have tried the force restart several times but my iPhone 11 freezes constantly every day.

I can’t answer calls at times, the swipe feature doesn’t work & I can’t even shut down & restart the phone.

How can this issue be permanently fixed?

I need a reliable phone.

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:53 AM

Create a current backup and restore the iPhone to factory and set it up as new, not from a backup. Test to see if the iPhone freezes. If it is okay, then restore the backup and see if the problem returns. If it does, there is something corrupt in the backup. Restore to factory again, set it up as new, then add your content back manually.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 10:53 AM in response to Clauper1234

Create a current backup and restore the iPhone to factory and set it up as new, not from a backup. Test to see if the iPhone freezes. If it is okay, then restore the backup and see if the problem returns. If it does, there is something corrupt in the backup. Restore to factory again, set it up as new, then add your content back manually.

Jul 4, 2020 8:53 PM in response to Clauper1234

Hi, was wondering if this fixed the problem. I’ve been having the same issue. Can’t pick up calls, can’t FaceTime, text messages freeze up. Music doesn’t show. I had to enable assisted touch in order for me to keep resetting my phone because it wouldn’t even reset when I Use the volume and on/off button. Very frustrating since this is a brand new phone.

Oct 10, 2020 7:26 AM in response to kelle162

I too have been having the same problems but only since iOS 14 upgrade, Apple needs to do another update to correct this problem - it's an Apple issue if so many people are having the same problem. This is the first item that came up on the list for troubleshooting. These phones are not cheap. Apple, please do something to fix this problem - I do not want to reset my phone and start over!

Oct 28, 2020 6:57 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I did what Apple suggested, backed up then restarted with fresh install and still had trouble with freezing after installing ios14. I have since reinstalled my backup as the fix suggested by Apple didn’t fix the problem. I would have had to spend days reinstalling apps and updating settings. So at least now I have my apps but have a phone that glitches repeatedly every day

my new iphone 11 keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.