Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro battery not holding any charge and it lags.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) started showing replace battery now in battery status. It works only when plugged in and as soon as i remove the adapter it shuts off. It stays there at 1% .

My performance has gone down as well since i got this message and i can't get it repaired because of lockdown, service centres are closed here. So i have 2 questions -

1. Is it safe to continue using my laptop in it's current state?
  2. Is there a workaround to improve it's performance (more like go back to normal, reduce lag)?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 11:20 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 17, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Sunnysks

Yes, it's safe, but only if you use the AC charger. Presently, you need to have the battery replaced. Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorize service at a local Best Buy.

MacBook Pro battery not holding any charge and it lags.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.