Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3 wifi activation lock

Hi, there I updated my iPad 3 wifi I am now running problems since I can't access it. I have been using it since 2012 can you help me how to open it.my location is Kenya most of your shops here can't help me since I was given this device in office I do not have proof of purchase but you can check in your database and verify that an really the owner all my documents, photo etc

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on May 17, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 1:20 PM

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you can have Apple unlock your iPad.

Activation Lock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 1:20 PM in response to ephraim900

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you can have Apple unlock your iPad.

Activation Lock

iPad 3 wifi activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.